Sunday, November 22, 2015

Weekend Notes: Christmas Cookies, Roses, and Bruschetta

Happy Weekend! 
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far! 


Yesterday was a really fun day! It started Friday night when I baked 
4 dozen Cherry Blossoms for Katelyn's Rummage/Bake Sale. For the holiday's it's my tradition and a way to remember my father who passed away when I was in my early twenties, that we would enjoy a box of Anne's Choclate covered cherries, and this recipe didn't disappoint. It was almost as if  I was biting into one of those chocolate delights.



After the rummage sale, Lindsay and I went to go see the 'Peanuts' movie. Love Snoopy, and Charlie Brown and the Whole gang. It was wonderful to see a cartoon I grew up with continuing on for the next generation. 

In the afternoon, I spent several hours at my first Rose Convention at the Pacific Southwest Rose District, which included  Southern California, Arizona, parts of Nevada, New Mexico, and 
West Texas. I found myself surrounded by the most gorgeous blooms I have every seen.
One rose, that I found particularly beautiful, especially for this time of year, is named
'Hot Cocoa'. It is the loveliest shade of brown, that looks just like a cup of hot cocoa.



'Hot Cocoa' is a  floribunda rose, with a burnt orange. The rose I saw was more on the light brown side with smoky edges.

What I have planned for next week, more baking, and suprisingly I'm baking something, that I'm really interested in finding out if I like it or not. It's one of those foods that I just don't find mouthwatering at all. I strongly dislike this as much as I dislike okra. It has Brandied Apricots, so it can't be that bad!! Right?!
Also, I will be sharing a review on Giada de Laurentiis's new cookbook. It's going to be a non-stop week next week, but I am Thankful to be able to spend it with and get together with the ones I love.

Easy Thanksgiving Crostini Appetizers via Country Living -
 My favorite, easiest appetizer, is Crostini with Bruschetta

Nine Healthy Snacks- If you need an energy boost to help you with all the hustle and bustle of this coming Holiday Season here are some healthy snacks to give you that extra boost!

Until next time! 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
xo,


Sharing at these Parties!
 You can follow me here!

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google+ | Facebook Pinterest


1 comment:

  1. Those cherry blossoms look amazing! What a fun idea! The rose convention sounds great too. You have the best pastimes. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete